Spring break-- a week of sitting around at home in luxurious nothingness? Usually yes.
But not this year!
This year I decided to go with Duke Campus Crusade for Christ on their spring break beach trip called, as the title of this post indicates, Isle of CRU. (CRU, by the way, is short for Campus Crusade for Christ... yeah- long name to type out, and a mouthful to say.) At any rate, while I did little more activity at Isle than I would have at home, I got to meet new people and strengthen existing relationships with fellow Christians from Duke. Fun fun fun! And now, for the real substance of this post-- pictures!!! Though not many, as I forgot to take my camera with me most of the time... whoops. I'll get the hang of this eventually.
Our lovely bedroom:
Emily and I roomed together for the week. ♥
View from our balcony door
We had a sunrise service on the beach
The services each evening were fantastic: singing, great talks, then small groups for deeper discussion following. I really learned a lot this week about what it means to rest physically and spiritually, especially as a student, friendships, being vulnerable and open with fellow Christians, and why we should trust God with everything.
~~~~~~
To return to the pictures... :)
Unfortunately, it wasn't as warm as these people make it look...
Swimming, anyone? (high of the week-- 65)
Emily and I baked... a lot... with random ingredients we scrounged out of the snack closet(s) and, of course, the stocked-for-an-army guy's house (which, by the way, was hot pink).
These tasted like granola bars/cookies:
We cleaned kitchens a lot, too. Is it weird that we enjoyed it...?
The dish faerie...
I took a great picture of her in some snazzy Eskimo sunglasses (or whatever those plastic slatted things are called), but as the photograph was deemed "dreadful", deletion demanded, retribution threatened, and the act reluctantly committed in order to avoid said revenge, this image must now suffice:
♥ a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.♥
Well, that's all for now, friends!
Hope your week was just as blessed.
I'm so glad to hear you had a good time. Lovely pictures. <3
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting for this post! Love the pictures ... :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that bed. So beachy with the curtains around it. Would never work here in the woods, though. Spiders would nest in it. (shiver) I'm so glad you went! Isn't it wonderful how God shows up where ever we are?
ReplyDeleteOHHH I LOVE THE PICTURES!!! AHHH I'm glad we both had amazing spring breaks:) <3 you!
ReplyDelete