14 February 2012

Lade Braes

Saturday was quite lovely -- it was in the 40's and sunny all day -- and perfect for a walk in the countryside.  Veronika and I wanted to see sheep (and shaggy cows?), so we began our quest after lunch. (apparently the hairy cows are further north... hence the name "Highland cattle", I suppose).

First we went through a park type of area, with a playground and people playing football.  Then, gradually, it became more like a nature trail... and finally turned into little-traveled country path, which was absolutely lovely.

Pictures:










A shortcut to mushrooms?




We encountered an obstacle...


... but soon overcame it.


Needless to say, there were lots of birds in this area.


Possibly the strangest tree I've ever seen.



An old water mill?


<3 <3 <3


We had to look up what a doocot was...


Apparently it's a structure for housing pigeons and doves.









We didn't find any sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment