02 February 2012

Settling in

Picking up where I left off...

Our lovely room:





Tuesday afternoon we went exploring around St Andrews.  We went down "South Street", apparently one of the three main roads in town, and found some interesting places.  A "rummage" store with neat old things, a bakery, cheesemonger (lol), butcher, etc.  Oh yes, and of course a kilt maker's shop...

We also saw some really pretty architecture






... and some ruins....





And then finally, after some tea at a nice little cafe/restaurant, we headed back to the dorm and explored the older part of the building.  Unfortunately we couldn't find the light switch, so you'll just have to imagine the rest of the last two pics...







2 comments:

  1. yay! pictures!! ugh ruins. lucky -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...I just found that I could click on the photos and make them big...yay! Anyway, your room is massive! Great cubbies and shelves, too. What the heck is a cheesemonger? Just a cheese shop? I think the old wing must be Beast's "West Wing"...sneak up there and find the rose. <3

    ReplyDelete